To ensure you get the most appropriate information, subscribe to the listservs below that best fit your needs. You may subscribe/unsubscribe to listservs at any time at https://listserv.umc.edu/
Additional information about subscribing to the listservs is available here.
All listservs are interactive and allow for two-way communication. Listservs are limited to UMMC employees and students only.
This listserv will be used as the primary forum for general information regarding research and sponsored programs such as:
- Upcoming events
- Funding opportunities
- Requests for equipment, supplies, samples, etc
- Policy changes
- Research job opportunities within UMMC
- Broad announcements and news that cover a multitude of research areas
The Research-General ListServ may not be used to post recruitment materials for studies. All recruitment posts should be approved through the guidelines under Clinical-Research.
This listserv will be used as the primary forum for approved study advertisement posts for studies that aim to recruit UMMC employees and to share studies sponsors share with the Office of Clinical Trials for potential enrollment sites.
- Only studies that specifically aim to recruit UMMC employees will be allowed to use the Clinical Research Listserv for recruitment purposes. Examples of these studies include employee engagement and satisfaction surveys and/or clinical studies that evaluate health/wellness as it pertains to being a UMMC employee. Studies that are primarily recruiting from the general population, UMMC patient, or UMMC student population may not use the Clinical Research Listserv for recruitment purposes.
- Explicit permission must be obtained from the Clinical Research Listserv administrators (listed below) prior to posting any recruitment material. IRB approval that indicates the explicit use of the Clinical Research Listserv in the recruitment plan must be in place prior to this request. Requests must include the email template used for recruitment purposes and the primary recruitment targets including any inclusion/exclusion criteria. The subject line and content of the email template should not contain any references to health information or request health information from the subject through email.
- If approved, recruitment emails may only be sent on the dates specified in the approval from the listserv administrators. Typically, requests will only be approved for one date a month.
- Only @umc.edu email accounts should be used. Personal email accounts, such as @gmail.com, may not be used.
- Email addresses must not include references to health information or other potentially sensitive, private information (e.g., email@example.com).
This listserv will be used as forum for faculty, staff and students to connect across areas at the University of Mississippi and UMMC. Posts can include, but are not limited to:
- Requests for equipment, supplies, samples, etc
- Collaborators on grants and other sponsored programs
- General advice and expertise on research topics
- Notifications of events and news relevant to both campuses
General posting guidelines
Below are some simple guidelines for posting on Research listservs:
- Be sure to include a descriptive subject line. Emails received with no subject line may likely be perceived as spam by an email filter and be deleted before reaching the recipient's inbox.
- Responses to many listserv questions and discussion topics are of interest to the entire list. In these cases, it is appropriate to reply to the listserv address.
- Personal replies should be directed to specific individuals rather than to the entire list. Remember to cut and paste the sender's e-mail address when replying rather than simply hitting the "Reply" button which sends the response to the entire list. Replies like "Thanks," "Yes" or "No" should be sent as a personal message and not to the listserv.
- Research listservs may not be used for the solicitation, promotion, or sales of commercial products or services. Violators will be immediately removed from the listserv(s).
- Be respectful and considerate of your colleagues in your postings. If you disagree or become upset with someone's response or use of the list, reply to that person directly when appropriate. Any post that contains defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal language or materials will be removed immediately. The violator will be removed from the listserv(s) and will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Do not post anything you do not want the world to see. All posts are archived by UMMC indefinitely.
- If the amount of mail from any particular list becomes cumbersome, rather than leaving that list, consider receiving the digest form of the list. Instead of getting each e-mail individually, you will receive a summary e-mail at the end of each day or week. Individual subscribers need to request this function directly for each listserv to which they are subscribed
- To set up "digest" mode, from the e-mail address used to subscribe to the listserv list(s), send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org using the following command format in the body of the message (where listname is the list's ID):
SET listname DIGEST Example: SET RESEARCH-GENERAL-LIST DIGEST