Welcome to the Office of Academic Affairs
The University of Mississippi Medical Center supports seven health professions schools on its main campus in Jackson and successfully graduates roughly 1000 health care professionals each year, many of whom choose to stay and practice in the state.
The Office of the Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs oversees the academic enterprise of UMMC. To support our academic mission, each member of our team plays an essential role in our continuing success as we work to identify and promote best practices in health care education, including the following:
- Academic planning and strategy
- Academic policies and procedures
- Continuing health professions education
- Faculty development and success
- Institutional accreditation
- Quality improvement and innovation in education
- Resources through the Rowland Medical Library
- Student services and success
Our goals are to provide quality education to our students and trainees and to promote lifelong learning to our alumni, faculty, and staff.
Thank you for visiting our webpage, and please feel free to browse through our many programs.