Velos Clinical Trials Management System (CTMS)
- WCG Velos eResearch is a comprehensive CTMS available for automating administrative, financial, and research activities. Designed to promote productivity and efficiency, Velos eResearch simplifies the management of the entire clinical research portfolio by linking study status, patient enrollment, calendars, budgets, electronic data capture and more.
- All UMMC clinical research studies must be housed in Velos. Starting March 1, 2021, all new studies will be built in Velos by the OCT.
- The Office of Clinical Trials (OCT) will create records for new clinical research studies in Velos at the outset of the activation process. Velos records for all prospective clinical research studies that start the activation process on or after March 1, 2021 will include a study calendar and budget. The OCT will also handle invoicing for those studies that are industry-sponsored.
- During the activation period, study team members can view current status and relevant documents in Velos. Once the study is activated, the relevant clinical research coordinator (CRC) will conduct patient management in Velos, which will then feed into the Epic electronic health record system. CRCs will also log administrative, invoiced items such as monitoring visits, Institutional Review Board (IRB) amendments, audits, etc. into the system. The relevant OCT Project Manager will then invoice the sponsor/clinical research organization based on the CRCs' Velos input, as well as track collections in the system.
- Investigators, business administrators, and division and department chairs will be able to run reports on particular studies and their clinical research study portfolios.
In order to receive a Velos account, UMMC personnel must complete Velos training.
To request CTMS (patient management) training, email Sandra Powe.