Centers and institutes at UMMC are units designed to facilitate the contributions of groups to the core missions of education, research and health care. There are four categories - institute, center, clinical center, and external designation center.
External designation centers are clinical centers or institutes designated as such as part of a national network. This designation may be based on UMMC facilities or services, quality of care, etc. Grant-funded centers or institutes that operate as traditional centers or institutes generally would not fall under this category.
Each of UMMC's many centers and institutes is dedicated to creating a healthier Mississippi.
Our external designation centers are listed below:
• Cardiorenal and Metabolic Diseases Research Center
• Center for Telehealth
• Children's Safe Center
• Comprehensive Stroke Center
• Cystic Fibrosis Center
• Mississippi AIDS Education Training Center
• Mississippi Center for Clinical and Translational Research
• Mississippi Center of Excellence in Perinatal Research
• Mississippi Centre for Evidenced-Based Practice: A Joanna Briggs Institute Centre of Excellence
• Mississippi Poison Control Center
• Molecular Center of Health and Disease
Visit our institutes, centers, and clinical centers.