How to Apply
- The UMMC School of Dentistry is now a participant of the ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service, AADSAS. Applicants can apply here: Apply to ADEA AADSAS.
- Application Time Table:
- June 1, 2022 – submit applications;
- October 2, 2022 – AADSAS deadline;
- November 2, 2022 – UMMC deadline.
- Students who have previously applied to the UMMC School of Dentistry must re-submit all materials (official transcripts, pre-professional recommendations, etc.) to AADSAS. There is not a mechanism for the School of Dentistry to forward these materials to AADSAS.
- Do not send any materials directly to the School of Dentistry unless specifically requested to do so.
- Upon verification of an applicant's primary application, the applicant will be provided with a link to complete the UMMC School of Dentistry's supplemental application. The supplemental application fee is $50.
- Applicants and Admissions Committee members are required to sign a confidentiality agreement which grants the committee members authority to review all applicant information when making decisions on selection of candidates. All applicant information reviewed shall be confidential.
Contact information for ADEA AADSAS
ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS)
It is not necessary that an applicant complete the entire application at once. The applicant may save the application and work on it over a period of time. Once it is submitted however, only minor changes can be made online. Check with AADSAS to determine what information can be edited after submission of the application.
Application timetable (no exceptions to deadlines)
- Earliest date of application: June 1, 2022
- AADSAS deadline: October 2, 2022 (Application, all documentation, transcripts, and fees required by AADSAS must be received by AADSAS)
- UMMC deadline: November 2, 2022 (All application materials, including secondary application, fees, official acceptable transcripts, and letters of recommendation must be received by UMMC)
- Earliest date of acceptance notification: Dec. 1, 2022
- All correspondence and records regarding the admissions process are filed in the Office of Student Records and Registrar, become the property of the University of Mississippi Medical Center, and cannot be returned or forwarded to the applicant or another school.
Because of differences in curricula between dental schools, transfer positions are extremely limited. The UMMC Dental School Admissions Committee reserves these considerations for extreme and exceptional circumstances only.