School of Dentistry Clinical Affairs
The School of Dentistry's Office of Clinical Affairs is responsible for the creation, implementation and evaluation of policies and procedures governing School of Dentistry patient care. Its activities relate to the five general goals of providing:
- Quality care in a timely manner to all patients treated in School of Dentistry clinics;
- A clinical setting that meets all current local, state, and national legal, safety, and environmental requirements;
- A clinical administration and staff who are cohesive, well-organized, informed, and who communicate effectively in order to serve the established goals of patient care, education, and research;
- Clinical information systems support services for Clinical Affairs and the School of Dentistry at large; and
- Patient care in an environment that serves the needs of the patients and students as well as the academic and research communities of the university, using all resources in the most efficient and cost-effective way possible.
Assistant Dean of Clinical Affairs
Dr. Scott Phillips is responsible for implementing Clinical Operations, Patient Services and Information Technology.
Director, Dental Ambulatory Operations
Steve Moseley directs the day-to-day operations of the School of Dentistry clinics to achieve efficient and effective clinical processes that support the needs of the providers, staff and patients. The director collaborates with School of Dentistry and UMMC administration to develop long- and short-range strategic plans and objectives to improve patient care and maximize resources.
Manager, Ambulatory Operations and Customer Service
Melody Longino manages and supports various aspects of patient scheduling, assignment, patient flow and tracking. She maintains the existing patient care systems, monitors accuracy and completion of patient records and the clinic information system. Interacts with patients, students and faculty regarding concerns and/or problems to facilitate conflict resolution.
Longino also compiles the satisfaction surveys, evaluate responses, propose improvements in the patient care system, and processes patient transactions. She facilitates patient screening and assignment and compares treatment record entries to the financial ledger.
The office of Ambulatory Operations is located on the second floor. Office hours are 8 a.m.-5 p.m. To contact our office, call (601) 984-6184.
Associate Director, Dental Ambulatory Operations
April Brown manages the day-to-day functions of the School of Dentistry clinics. The associate director implements the policy and procedures necessary to achieve each department's long and short range goals and objectives. The director also works in conjunction with upper management to plan, direct and coordinate clinical operation. This person acts as a liaison to clinical management and its staff, students and faculty.