Online Advanced Standing Admissions
The Dental Hygiene online advanced standing program is available to all students who:
- Have a minimum of 60 semester hours of academic credit (exclusive of physical education, military science, dogmatic religion and vocational courses) from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
- Have completed a dental hygiene program accredited by the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation;
- Submit a copy of a dental hygiene license;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale;
- Have successfully completed (a grade of C or better) the minimum prerequisite number of required courses listed below.
|Required courses||No. of courses||No. of hours|
|Social or Behavioral Science1||2||6|
|College Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning or Higher Mathematics||1||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts2||3||9|
1Social and Behavioral Sciences include courses such as anthropology, economics, political science, psychology or sociology.
2Humanities and Fine Arts include courses such as art history, dance, history, modern languages, music, philosophy, religion or theatre.
3Natural Sciences include courses such as astronomy, biology, chemistry, geology, physics or physical science.
Admission criteria do not discriminate against persons with handicapping conditions. However, all candidates must meet minimum technical standards to function successfully as students and later as dental hygiene practitioners. Review the technical standards for the dental hygiene program.
Cost per semester
Online Education Fee
|Fall Junior Year|| $2,400|| $150||$2,550|
|Spring Junior Year|| $2,400|| $150||$2,550|
|Summer Senior Year|| $2,400|| $150||$2,550|
|Fall Senior Year|| $2,400|| $150||$2,550|
|Spring Senior Year|| $2,400|| $150||$2,550|
|Total Fees minus books and indirect costs: || $12,750|
*Tuition rate per hour= $400.00. Books are not included in calculations
DHAS Technology Requirements
Online learning requires that students have a compatible device to access course information and perform tasks. Minimum standards for the DHAS Program include:
- A device with an operating webcam
- Windows 10 or newer, or Macintosh: OS X Catalina (10.15) or newer
- Use of the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer
- "Thin client" devices such as Chromebook or Google books are not recommended for use