MS - Biomedical Sciences
Admission Criteria and Requirements
Although a BS or BA degree in biology, chemistry or another natural or physical science is preferred, graduates in other disciplines who have an interest in Biomedical Science are encouraged to apply. However, it is strongly recommended that all applicants have completed or can show proficiency in the following undergraduate subjects:
- algebra and trigonometry, or calculus
- general biology
- general chemistry
- organic chemistry
- general physics
- advanced biology course (e.g., genetics, cell biology, biochemistry, comparative anatomy, etc.)
Applicants will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Preference is given to students with an overall undergraduate GPA ≥ 3.0 on a 4 point scale.
- Applicants must provide a personal statement, labeled the "application essay" in the online application portal.
- Because of space constraints, this program is limited to U.S. citizens and permanent residents of the United States of America (green card holders). In addition, because an important aspect of UMMC's mission is training healthcare providers for Mississippi, preference is given to Mississippi residents.
Visit the Application Process page for more info about deadlines, instructions for submitting transcripts and test scores, and the link to the online application.
Return to Overview page