Master of Science in Clinical Investigation
The School of Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences at UMMC offers a Master of Science degree in Clinical Investigation. The degree program is designed for clinical professionals and clinical scientists
- Clinical trials
- Patient/outcomes research
- Translational human studies
Successful graduates of the program will be expected to conduct independent and collaborative clinical studies in their special areas of practice and interest while holding positions as clinician-investigators in academic settings. The program will also serve as a formalized training program for participants seeking extramural career development support (K awards).
- Applicants must hold a terminal doctoral degree (MD, PhD, DMD, etc.).
- Applicants should be in good standing within their department.
Application deadline and requirements
Applications must be received by June 1 for those trying to enroll in the fall semester; classes begin early to mid-August. However, students are encouraged to complete their applications as early as possible. Click here for an online application form.
- Applicants will be evaluated on the following:
- Three letters of recommendation that must include:
- Letter of support from division chief or departmental chair
- Letter of support from research mentor
- Letter of recommendation
- A personal statement which includes career goals, a brief description of research plan, and identification of research mentor
- Applicant's curriculum vitae
- Mentor's curriculum vitae
- Transcripts from university granting terminal degree
Admission to the program will be competitively determined by the admissions committee and will evaluated on the quality of the science proposed, the commitment of the mentor of the career development of the candidate, and on the overall impact of the training program on the applicant's career development.
For more information