The continuum of care provided by the University of Mississippi Medical Center includes specialized neuropsychiatric and neuropsychological assessments, cognitive training, and treatment for patients suffering from developmental and acquired conditions, including memory disorders, traumatic brain injury, and sensory and motor impairment.
Within the neurology department, neuropsychiatry and neuropsychology services include evaluation and treatment of neurobehavioral complications of stroke, head injury, epilepsy, brain tumors, and neurodegenerative diseases. Our medical staff includes one of the few neurologists in the state certified in the subspecialty of behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry, a subspecialty of neurology that addresses clinical problems of cognition and behavior caused by brain injury or brain disease.
Services we offer
- Diagnostic assessment of brain functions
- Reasoning/Problem Solving
- Attention/Concentration Processes
- Behavioral/Emotional Processes
- Education and Identification of Relevant Resources
- Cognitive Rehabilitation
- Cognitive-Behavioral Intervention