About the CRRC
About the CRRC
In an effort to integrate the various cardiovascular and renal research programs at UMMC, the Cardiovascular-Renal Research Center (CRRC) was established.
- Foster excellence in basic and clinical cardiovascular and renal research at UMMC;
- Promote the education of basic researchers, physicians, and the general public in the area of cardiovascular and renal diseases;
- Develop resources to enhance cardiovascular and renal research at UMMC; and
- Utilize the resources, including new research findings, of the Cardiovascular-Renal Research Center to reduce the morbidity and mortality associated with cardiovascular and renal diseases in the state of Mississippi.
- Develop and maintain an Administration structure and Core facilities to foster excellence in basic and clinical cardiovascular and renal research;
- Develop programs to facilitate communication and interaction among cardiovascular and renal researchers at UMMC;
- Establish an extramurally funded cardiovascular and renal diseases training program for predoctoral and postdoctoral fellows and for medical students and residents interested in cardiovascular-renal research;
- Develop and maintain a mentoring and grantsmanship program to enhance extramural funding of cardiovascular and renal researchers at UMMC; and
- Assist and coordinate the recruitment of extramurally funded cardiovascular and renal researchers to UMMC.