Telehealth Dementia Care
Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care from The MIND Center
The MIND Center provides specialized care for patients with Alzheimer's and other dementias through UMMC Telehealth.
Using UMMC Telehealth, the Memory Impairment and Neurodegenerative Disorder (MIND) Center offers specialized Alzheimer’s and dementia care to patients across Mississippi. The MIND Center team of experienced, multidisciplinary caregivers includes geriatricians, neurologists, nurse practitioners, and social workers. Through the UMMC Telehealth network of clinics, The MIND Center offers assessment and treatment of patients with memory loss in familiar settings, close to home.
Using live, two-way video interactions, The MIND Center provides:
- Assessment, diagnosis, and treatment for memory loss and cognitive impairment including:
- Thorough clinical assessment.
- Comprehensive memory and cognitive evaluation.
- Diagnostic labs and imaging studies of the brain, such as CT scan or MRI, conducted locally.
- Continuous monitoring of disease progression.
- Ongoing communication with primary care doctors to determine best treatment options.
- Expert medical care, health education, and public health services for patients.
- Education, support, and other resources for family members caring for dementia patients.
- Remote training and professional development for Alzheimer's and dementia care teams, helping them stay current on best practices while remaining in the clinic and available to patients.
Telehealth services from The MIND Center are currently available at:
- UMMC Holmes County – Lexington, MS
- UMMC Grenada – Grenada, MS
- Life Help Region VI Mental Health Center – Greenwood, MS
For appointments or to find out more about telehealth services from The MIND Center, call UMMC Telehealth at (601) 815-2020.