Office of Faculty Affairs
Please note: Office of Faculty Affairs pages for currently faculty and internal partners have been migrated to the UMMC Intranet Faculty Affairs pages.
If we can assist with information please contact us at 601-814-5003 or email@example.com.
The Office of Faculty Affairs is here to champion faculty vitality through recruitment, integration, development and advancement across the UMMC faculty life cycle.
The mission of the UMMC Office of Faculty Affairs is to champion faculty vitality through recruitment, integration, development and advancement across the faculty life cycle.
In July 2009, the UMMC vice chancellor and dean established the Office of Faculty Affairs. The Office of Faculty Affairs and the associate dean for faculty affairs assist institutional leaders in the development and enactment of policies and programs that advance the academic missions of teaching, research, and clinical care.
The Office of Faculty Affairs conducts its work by:
- Facilitating dialogue, debate and communication on emerging issues and challenges to faculty;
- Developing and implementing effective policies and strategies;
- Fostering faculty professionalism and institutional policies and practices and career pathways;
- Encouraging research and scholarship relevant to faculty and institutional policies and practices, including measuring and analyzing outcomes of faculty vitality;
- Collaborating with dean's groups, campus leaders, councils and constituencies to create synergy that contributes to faculty vitality and a thriving institution.