Treatments We Offer
Infertility can result from uterine or tubal abnormalities that:
- Prevent an embryo from implanting and growing in the uterus, or
- Block the sperm from meeting the egg in the tube for fertilization
Examples of these abnormalities include fibroids, polyps, uterine septum, and blocked fallopian tubes.
Many surgical options are available to treat these conditions. Your surgical treatment plan will be tailored to your condition to optimize outcomes.
Some types of reproductive surgery include:
- Hysteroscopy: Using a small camera to evaluate the inside of the uterus to look for conditions that could interfere with implantation of an embryo or support of a pregnancy. Examples include polyps, fibroids, septums and uterine scarring.
- Laparoscopy: Using a camera to evaluate the pelvis to look for conditions that could prevent pregnancy. Examples include tubal or pelvic scarring, hydrosalpinges and ovarian cysts.
- Robotic surgery: Laparoscopic surgery using the DaVinci® robot to remove fibroids (myomectomy) when the number and size of fibroids allows removal through a small incision.
- Abdominal surgery: This open procedure is performed for myomectomy cases involving larger fibroids and/or numerous fibroids that require a wider incision for removal.
Learn more about reproductive surgery.
You may have more questions about reproductive surgery, and we are happy to help. Call our office at (601) 984-5330 or use the link below.
Request a Consultation