Conference will be held from noon to 2 p.m. Fridays. The schedule and design of the conference is outlined below.
Topics to be covered will be scheduled for each month and all conferences/journal clubs should be geared to that topic. The topics will be selected using ITE Scores to emphasize weaker areas.
First Friday of each month
- Noon: Non-malignant Hematology/Hematology Case Conference. This should be a case presentation of the topic of the month
- 1 p.m.: Hematology Board Review. This conference, starting in August, will follow an outline of the ASH-SAP that will be provided. Hematology staff will present the topic. Staff will supplement the ASH-SAP with the MDA and GW Board Review materials at noon on the first Monday of each month
Second Friday of each month
- Noon: Oncology Case Conference. This should be a case-based presentation of the topic of the month
- 1 p.m.: Oncology Board Review: This conference, starting in August, will follow an outline of the Oncology ASCO-SEP that will be provided. Oncology staff will present this material. Staff will supplement the Oncology ASCO-SEP with the MDA and GW Board Review materials at noon on the second Monday of each month.
Third Friday of each month
- Noon: Molecular Conference. Genetics faculty will present a review of cancer-related genetics. This will be a review of the text “Introduction to the Cellular and Molecular Biology of Cancer” presented by hematology and oncology faculty. The section to be covered will be provided on the first of each month to allow time for review.
- Special topics speakers
Fourth Friday of each month
- Noon: Morbidity and Mortality Conference. This conference is a discussion of the deaths and problems from the hematology and oncology services for the month. The list will be generated and presented by the ward fellow on each service for the month.
- Board questions
- Research Conference: 8 a.m. second Tuesday of each month
- Hematology/Oncology Journal Club: 5:30 p.m. third Tuesday of each month
- Lung Conference: 7 a.m. Monday
- GI Conference: 7 a.m. Tuesday
- General Tumor Board: 8 a.m. Wednesday
- Head & Neck Conference: 11 a.m. Wednesday
- Gynecologic Oncology Conference: 4:15 p.m. Wednesday
- Breast Conference: 7:30 a.m. Thursday
- GU Conference: 11:30 a.m. Thursday
- Grand Rounds: Tuesdays through the Department of Medicine
- Special Topics: Presented by the GME Office
- Special Topics: Presented by the Department of Medicine