How to Apply
To be eligible to apply for the Fellowship in Adult Congenital Cardiology, physicians:
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. or Canadian medical school (MD/DO) or possess an ECFMG certificate and eligible J1 visa status.
- Must have completed pediatric, Med-Peds, or Internal medicine residency training in an ACGME-accredited program.
- Must have completed either a Pediatric Cardiology or Adult Cardiology fellowship in an ACGME-accredited program
- Must be eligible for board certification in Pediatrics or Internal Medicine
Adult Congenital Cardiology (two-year program)
All applications for standard two-year categorical fellowships must be electronically through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS), the online application service of the American Association of Medical Colleges (AAMC). The deadline for a completed application is Oct 5, 2020, for positions beginning in July 2021. Although applications are considered on a rolling basis as they are completed, applicants who meet the deadline ensure consideration. If selected to interview, requests for specific interview dates are more easily accommodated for applicants who are invited earlier in the season.
The following documents must be received by ERAS prior to consideration of your application:
- ERAS application form
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE score reports
- Successful applicants must complete Steps 1, 2 and 3 prior to starting fellowship due to Mississippi licensure requirements for a permanent or training license
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (LORs) — it is strongly recommended that one of these letters be from the applicant’s residency program director
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) certificate and visa information, if applicable
Our program participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) Subspecialties Match.
Military (ROTC)-funded applicants and occasional non-traditional applicants may be program-eligible on a case-by-case basis
The University of Mississippi is an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an environment where all people feel valued and respected and can contribute to their fullest potential. A non-discrimination and harassment policy is strictly enforced. No applicant for employment shall be subjected to discrimination because of race, color, sex, national origin, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation or family status.