Applying for Residency
Requirements for application
PhORCAS online application process
- Letter of intent
- Curriculum vitae
- Pharmacy education transcripts
- Three completed PhORCAS reference letter submissions
The University of Mississippi Medical Center's education, research and service programs and facilities are open to every qualified person. Equal opportunity is announced, provided and assured to all persons; affirmative action is taken to guarantee that individuals are hired, trained, promoted and in all ways treated equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, marital status, age or disability as defined by law.
This residency site agrees that no person at this site will solicit, accept or use any ranking-related information from any residency applicant.
Selection criteria and process
All candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a graduate of a college or school of pharmacy by the ACPE and hold a degree of Doctor of Pharmacy. PGY-2 Infectious Diseases and PGY-2 Critical Care applicants must have completed an ASHP-accredited PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency.
- Must have a GPA of 3.2 or higher or be ranked in the top 20-25% of their pharmacy school class at the time of application.
- Candidates must hold a current pharmacist's license in the state of Mississippi or be eligible for licensure during the first quarter of the residency.
- Candidates must be licensed in the state of Mississippi by September 1st.
Candidates are selected by the Resident Selection Committee which consists of preceptors and faculty from the Department of Pharmacy Services, School of Pharmacy, and Pharmacy Residents.
The committee will review and consider applicants based on the following criteria:
- Enthusiasm, motivation, confidence
- Verbal and written communication
- Scholastic achievement
- Leadership and community service
- Goals and objectives
- Letters of recommendation