A Message from the Chair
Welcome to the Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery at the University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson. We are proud of what we have accomplished in the first two decades of our life as a department.
One of the tenets of our department is constant improvement in the pursuit of excellence. Our entire faculty, staff, and trainee group work together to successfully balance the goal of excelling in patient care, education, and discovery. Every day we challenge ourselves to be better than we were yesterday in some meaningful way. This results in outstanding customer service for our patients and colleagues, supportive and effective educational programs, and an advancement of new information and ideas. This has created an environment in which our team members feel purpose in what they do every day—improving the lives of others. An environment wherein we value input and new ideas, and where support for each other is evident.
Our faculty is comprised of over 50 otolaryngologists, audiologists, speech-language pathologists and researchers with interest in several fields. Each of us is committed to the common goals of educating the next generation of health care professionals and providing compassionate, quality care.
Central to all that we do are our vision and core values.
Our vision is to be recognized for delivering the very best service to our patients, our students, our citizens, and each other. We will select great people, value their contributions, and support them in fulfilling their aspirations as a member of our successful team. Together we will establish lofty goals and confidently pursue them knowing that we will succeed.
Department Core Values
- Commitment to Customers: Deliver an effortless customer experience
- Constant Improvement: Pursue excellence and improvement in all we do
- Supportive Environment: Promote a fun, supportive and collegiate work environment
- Teamwork and diversity: Develop talent by hiring the best and encouraging teamwork and diversity of thought
- Leader in Innovation: Strive to be at the forefront of our institution and the nation in terms of innovation across all three mission areas
We look forward to serving you.
Scott Stringer, MD, MS
Department of Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery
Chair and Professor