Radiologic Sciences Admission Requirements - Traditional Program
Selection of applicants is made on a competitive basis and equal education opportunity is offered to all students who meet the entrance requirements without regard to race, creed, sex, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Preference is given to applicants who are legal residents of Mississippi. A student desiring admission to the Radiologic Sciences program must submit an online application for admission to the Office of Enrollment Management, an official transcript of grades, and an official statement documenting scores on the American College Test (ACT). Since the program has limited student capacity, selection into the program is competitive. Not every applicant who applies to the program will be selected.
No applicant is accepted until the admissions process is complete, which includes an interview by the admissions committee. Applicants should not present themselves for interviews until notified. Those applicants whom the admissions committee deems it advisable to interview are provided with sufficient notice of interview appointment.
In addition to the admission standards of the institution and the general admission requirements of the School of Health Related Professions, candidates seeking admission to the Radiologic Sciences program must:
- Have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours of academic credit (exclusive of physical education, military science, dogmatic religion, and vocational courses) from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
- Have a minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale;
- Complete an interview with the Radiologic Sciences Admissions Committee;
- Submit ACT scores;
- Hold current CPR certification at the time of registration;
- Successfully complete a background check at the time of registration; and
- Successfully complete (a grade of C or better) the following minimum prerequisite number of required courses.
|Prerequisite Courses ||# of Courses||Semester Hours|
|Social or Behavioral Science*||2||6|
|College Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, or Higher Mathematics||1||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts**||3||9|
|Anatomy and Physiology with Lab||2||8|
|Basic Computer Concepts and Applications||1||3|
* Social and behavioral sciences include courses such as anthropology, economics, political science, psychology, or sociology.
** Humanities and fine arts include courses such as history, literature, foreign languages, journalism, philosophy, religion, art history, music appreciation, or theatre.
*** Natural Sciences include courses such as astronomy, biology, chemistry, geology, physics or physical science.
**** The Radiologic Sciences Admissions Committee highly recommends general chemistry with lab and general physics as electives. Additional recommended electives include natural sciences (e.g., biology, microbiology), advanced mathematics, and advanced computer sciences.
Click here to apply