Radiologic Sciences Admission Requirements - Online Advanced Standing
Selection of applicants is made on a competitive basis and equal education opportunity is offered to all students who meet the entrance requirements without regard to race, creed, sex, color, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
The number of students admitted is dependent upon the educational resources available to support the program. No applicant is accepted until the admissions process is complete.
To be eligible for admission, candidates must:
- Submit a copy of current ARRT(R) credential (or be registry eligible)*;
- Have completed a minimum of 60 semester hours of academic credit (exclusive of physical education, military science, dogmatic religion, and vocational courses) from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.50 on a 4.00 scale; and
- Have successfully completed (a grade of C or better) the following minimum prerequisite number of required courses below.
|Prerequisite Courses ||# of Courses||Semester Hours|
|Social or Behavioral Science**||2||6|
|College Algebra, Quantitative Reasoning, or Higher Mathematics||1||3|
|Humanities and Fine Arts***||3||9|
|Anatomy and Physiology with Lab||2||8|
* If registry-eligible at time of acceptance, documentation of current ARRT credential must be submitted by registration deadline to maintain admittance.
** Social and behavioral sciences include courses such as anthropology, economics, political science, psychology, or sociology.
*** Humanities and fine arts include courses such as history, literature, foreign languages, journalism, philosophy, religion, art history, music appreciation, or theatre.
**** The Radiologic Sciences Admissions Committee highly recommends general chemistry with lab and general physics as electives. Additional recommended electives are medical terminology, natural sciences (biology, microbiology), advanced mathematics, and advanced computer sciences.
Click here to apply