Student Health Services
Clinic location and phone numbers
Student Employee Health (SEH) is in Room N-136, between Physical Therapy and Volunteer Services offices.
Services for Students
New incoming students are asked to obtain all required health-related services/documentation from their personal health care provider or another source outside of UMMC Student and Employee Health, prior to matriculation at UMMC. However, if there are extenuating circumstances and an incoming student needs assistance in obtaining a required service, Student and Employee Health may be able to provide such services on a limited basis, by appointment only. Such inquiries are best made via email to email@example.com.
Hours: 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- Urine drug screens
- TB screening (blood and skin tests)
- Management of blood-borne pathogen exposure
- Management of tuberculosis exposure
- Away rotation paperwork completion
- Immunity tests (titers), other blood tests
- Initial assessment and management of non-urgent workplace injuries and Blood borne pathogen exposures (Up to 3:45pm on weekdays)
- Care may be obtained after hours or weekends from the UMMC Emergency Department
Advice for Away Rotations
- Start the process early
- Check Hepatitis B titer at least 6 months prior to start date, preferably during your 1st year
- Polio and rabies vaccines are not available in SEH
Lab Tests for Students
- Blood tests, including titers to confirm immunity may be done at SEH or any other UMMC clinic/lab
- The cost of the blood test(s) is charged to your medical insurance
- Urine drug screens for elective rotations have a variable fee depending on substances detected ($16-$100)
Quick Care Clinic, Family Medicine
As of October 5, 2020, Student and Employee Health will no longer provide sick care services for students. Students may access primary care services through UMMC's Quick Care Clinic. 764 Lakeland Drive, Jackson, 2nd Floor (601) 984-6800. Hours are 7am-5pm Monday-Friday.
UMMC Telehealth services
- If insured through the State of MS Medical Insurance, you may use "UMMC 2 You" from 7 a.m.-7 p.m. Monday-Friday.
- Check your personal medical insurance website for other telehealth service providers
- United Healthcare - sign up for Virtual Visits at myuhc.com account
Student Counseling and Wellness Center (SCWC)
For all mental health issues, visit the SCWC.
Other UMMC Clinic Numbers
- UMMC Clinics: (888) 815-2005
- UMMC Family Medicine: (601) 984-6800
- The Student's hometown physician may call UMMC Specialist directly: (866) 862-3627