Student Health Portal
For submission of pre-matriculation and enrolled students' immunizations and TB screening documents.
All individuals enrolled with UMMC schools and students enrolled with the University of Mississippi’s School of Pharmacy are required to provide documentation of the following immunization and TB screening requirements according to the Immunization Requirements for UMMC Schools and Tuberculosis (TB) Screening for Students Policy.
We are no longer accepting submissions into the student health portal at this location. Please send any outstanding requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org using your umc.edu email address ONLY in order to be cleared for your educational activities. Including your full legal name often expedites the process.
If at all possible, submit all remaining documents in a single email, and include full name in the subject line. Also include your school and degree program in the body of the email.
ONLY email health documents from your umc.edu email address (not your personal).
Exception: Excluded from the health requirements are students in the following distance education programs with no clinical or research components requiring the physical presence of students on any UMMC campus: School of Dentistry—Advanced Standing Dental Hygiene; School of Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences—Biochemistry Certificate; School of Health Related Professions—Advanced Standing Bachelor of Science in Medical Laboratory Science MLT-MLS, Advanced Standing Bachelor of Science in Radiologic Sciences, Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences, Bachelor of Science in Health Systems Administration, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Health Informatics, Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Leadership and Management; John D. Bower School of Population Health—Executive Master of Science in Population Health Management, Master of Science in Population Health Science.
- COVID-19 - Completed series.
- COVID 19 vaccine series includes the following:
- 2 doses of Pfizer vaccine 21 days apart or
- 2 doses of Moderna vaccine 1 month apart or
- 1 dose of Janssen/Johnson & Johnson vaccine
- MMR (measles, mumps, and rubella) vaccine—2 doses or positive antibody titer
- Varicella vaccine—2 doses or positive varicella antibody
- Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis vaccine—One dose of adult Tdap is required. If last Tdap is more than 10 years old, provide date of latest Td or Tdap booster received within past 10 years.
- Hepatitis B vaccine—The 2-dose (Heplisav-B) or a 3-dose (Engerix-B or Recombivax HB) hepatitis B vaccine series and a hepatitis B surface antibody are required. The hepatitis B surface antibody results can be either positive or negative but must be dated at least 30 days following completion of the hepatitis B vaccine series. A positive hepatitis B surface antibody titer without documentation of appropriate doses of hepatitis vaccination is insufficient in the absence of a history of resolved hepatitis B infection. If a student has a positive hepatitis B surface antibody AND can provide clinical or laboratory documentation of prior, resolved hepatitis B infection, this combination will be acceptable documentation of immunity. Such students should contact Student and Employee Health for guidance about what documentation of prior infection is acceptable.
- Influenza vaccine—One dose annually during flu season (October-March)
2. Meningococcal Vaccine
Both MenACWY and MenB (Bexsero or Trumenba) series required for microbiology students and students with anatomic/functional asplenia or persistent complement component deficiencies. Those routinely exposed to N. meningitides isolates should receive one dose of meningococcal vaccine with a booster dose every 5 years. This is optional for other students.
3. TB Screening for Incoming Students
A two-step TB Skin test or a TB Interferon-Gamma Release Assay (IGRA) blood test is required for baseline TB screening of all students. The approved IGRA tests are QuantiFERON-TB Gold and T-Spot tests. Students who choose to screen using a TB skin test must submit documentation of a two-step TB skin test performed within 90 days (3 months) prior to school entry. The second dose of the two-step TB test must be placed within 28 days of the initial TB skin test. If the TB skin or the IGRA test is positive, a chest x-ray report must also be submitted. Students residing in the United States who have been undergoing annual TB skin test screening prior to enrollment may submit two or more consecutive annual reports of negative TB skin tests, one of which must have been done within three months of school enrollment, in lieu of the two-step TB skin test.
Students with a previously positive TB skin test or students with a history of immunization with BCG should submit an IGRA test report obtained within 90 days (3 months) of school entry. Students who have been treated for latent TB infection in the past are required to complete a pulmonary history form and submit a copy of the treatment record and chest X-ray report.
International students: Proof of tuberculosis screening by an IGRA test and chest X-ray reports, both performed in the United States within 45 days of school enrollment.
4. TB Screening for Current Students
Annual TB screening is required for all students. If you believe you are due for a TB Risk Assessment, please contact Student and Employee Health at SEH-Review@umc.edu.
Provide documentation for these vaccines at least two weeks before the start of classes.
For additional questions or concerns, please contact us: 601.984.1185 or StudentHealth@umc.edu.