OB/GYN Residency Application Requirements
- Applicant must be a graduate of a U.S./Canadian medical school or have full ECFMG certification.
- Applicant must be a participant in the National Resident Matching Program (NRMP).
- J-1 Visa considered for sponsorship.
- Completed application must include the following:
- Completed application using the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS);
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (professional), including one from your school's chairman of OB/GYN or his/her representative;
- Dean's letter (MSPE);
- Transcript of medical school grades;
- USMLE results for Step I and II CK scores or Comlex Equivalent.
- Interviews will be offered in accordance with the recommended APGO and CREOG guidelines.
- Only completed applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
- Deadline for receiving applications is October 1.
Supplemental ERAS application
For the 2023 ERAS® cycle, our program will be collecting and reviewing data from applicants’ supplemental ERAS applications. Completion of the standard MyERAS application is a requirement; completion of the supplemental ERAS application is optional.
In its second year of use, the supplemental ERAS application is designed to help applicants share more information about themselves and assist our program in finding applicants that fit our program’s setting and mission. There is no cost to applicants and participation is optional.
The supplemental ERAS application provides:
- geographic preferences (by division and by urban or rural setting);
- information about an applicant’s most meaningful experiences and other impactful life events, if applicable; and
- program signals.
The supplemental ERAS application will be delivered on a survey platform that is separate from the MyERAS application and must be completed between August 1 and September 16, 2022.
Learn more about the AAMC supplemental ERAS application.
For more information on the residency programs at UMMC, visit Graduate Medical Education.