Maternal-Fetal Medicine Fellowship
Teaching and Educational Opportunities
Formal teaching requirements for the MFM fellows will include, but are not limited to:
- Three to four presentations per year on a current obstetrics topic directed toward faculty and residents.
- Third-year medical student lectures: The fellow will be assigned a topic to present to medical students who are currently rotating on the Obstetrics service. A presentation will be given every six weeks.
- Grand rounds: A topic chosen by the fellow is to be presented to the residents, fellows and faculty one time per year.
- Fellows didactics: A book chapter from a high risk obstetrics/perinatal diagnostic textbook or another specific topic is assigned to alternating fellows every week for discussion with the MFM faculty and fellows. Each fellow will present a topic approximately one time per month.
- Quarterly departmental journal clubs, monthly OB/GYN journal clubs.