Residents and Fellows
The Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology offers a four-year accredited residency program designed to provide extensive experience leading to board certification in obstetrics and gynecology. We have an outstanding faculty dedicated to service, education and research.
The educational mission of the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is to:
- Train medical students to provide primary care in obstetrics and gynecology;
- Train residents in obstetrics and gynecology to meet the health care needs of all women with a level of knowledge, skill and caring such that they are recognized by patients and colleagues as primary care providers for women and consultants in obstetrics and gynecology;
- Train postdoctoral fellows for lifetime academic careers in their subspecialty so that they may serve the needs of women requiring care in high-risk obstetrics and the specialty of obstetrics and gynecology;
- Provide outstanding patient care that results in the department’s recognition as a community resource and regional referral center for obstetrics and gynecology and its subspecialties.
- Conduct research that makes significant and unique contributions to obstetrics and gynecology through clinical trials and laboratory investigation.