The UMMC Department of Emergency Medicine supports and facilitates the development of faculty throughout their careers in terms of:
- Research and scholarly activity;
- Education and teaching;
- Service and clinical care.
The goals of the faculty development program include:
- Helping our faculty identify and succeed in activities that fulfill their own goals as faculty members as well as departmental obligations and track missions;
- Discovering and further developing their strengths; and
- Ensuring an environment that stimulates productivity, creativity, longevity, and academic success.
The program's objectives include:
- Providing opportunities for mentoring and career development with regard to goals, accomplishments, areas for improvement, strengths, and professional development needs;
- Assessing progress toward and providing guidance regarding promotion and/or tenure (if applicable);
- Clarifying expectations and allocations of effort;
- Providing constructive feedback regarding faculty performance across mission areas and, if areas for improvement are noted, developing a plan for improvement;
- Providing educational programming for professional development; and
- Improving faculty satisfaction with professional development.