UNIVERSITY OF MISSISSIPPI MEDICAL CENTER
BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF STATE INSTITUTIONS OF HIGHER LEARNING
By CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT, the governance of The University of Mississippi and the other public institutions of higher learning in the state of Mississippi is vested in a Board of Trustees appointed by the governor with the advice and consent of the Senate. After January 1, 2004, as vacancies occur, the 12-member Board of Trustees of State Institutions of Higher Learning shall be appointed from each of the three Mississippi Supreme Court districts, until there are four members from each Supreme Court district.
UMMC Executive Leadership
The University of Mississippi established the Medical Center campus on July 1, 1955, when the School of Medicine was relocated from the Oxford campus to Jackson under the leadership of Chancellor J.D. Williams and Dean David Pankratz. The School of Medicine, originally founded in 1903, had been a two-year course of study. However, the move to Jackson provided a traditional program leading to the four-year MD degree, a medical library and a teaching hospital situated on 164 acres.
The Jackson campus, now referred to as the University of Mississippi Medical Center (UMMC), of the University presently serves over 3,000 students through the School of Medicine, established in 1955; the School of Nursing (1958), the School of Health Related Professions (1971); the School of Pharmacy (1971); the School of Dentistry (1973); the School of Graduate Studies in the Health Sciences (2001); and the School of Population Health (2016).
ContentsMission Statement | VisionAccreditationFacilitiesAcademic RegulationsRowland Medical LibraryFinancial AidStudent AccountingStudent HealthStudent ResourcesDiversity and Inclusion | Equal Employment Opportunity StatementPost Graduate Education