For those who are in urgent need of blood - and have to depend on others to provide it - the path to recovery can seem like a long road, indeed.
Fortunately, Medical Center faculty, staff and students will have an opportunity this week to help brighten that pathway.
Mississippi Blood Services will host its "Road to Life" blood drive, the fourth and final of the Medical Center's quarterly drives for FY 2014-15, June 15-19 at several UMMC locations.
All donors will be registered for a chance to win a 2015 Chrysler 200 automobile and will receive an MBS "Road to Life" T-shirt. Identification is required to donate blood.
Times, dates and places for the drive include:
* 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Tuesday, June 15-16, in the donor coach between the Guyton Research Center and the School of Medicine building;
* 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, June 17, at the Central Billing Office in Clinton;
* 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, June 17, in the donor coach near the Bailey Avenue entrance to the Jackson Medical Mall Thad Cochran Center;
* 1-4 p.m. Wednesday, June 17, at Select Specialty Hospital on Ridgewood Road;
* 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, June 18, in the donor coach at the entrance to Batson Children's Hospital; and
* 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, June 19, in the donor coach at the University Hospital entrance.
For more information about the blood drive, call Renee Howard at 4-2884 or send her an email at email@example.com.