Contact UsI-9 InstructionsImmigration UpdatesSOPH video
  • Welcome to the Office of International Services

    The Office of International Services provides professional support and advising services to international students, scholars, faculty and staff at the University of Mississippi Medical Center and serves as a resource to all UMMC departments on immigration regulations and requirements.

    We invite you to contact the Office of International Services with any questions you might have.

    • Appointments can be made either by e-mail or phone. Please click here for information.
    • Drop-in advising is for quick issues that take no more than 10 minutes.



    12/15/2016 - Increase in Filing Fees

    Effective December 23, 2016, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services will adjust  the fees required for most immigration process. Applications and petitions postmarked or filed on or after December 23, 2016, must include these new fees or USCIS will reject the submission.  

    02/27/2015 - Employment Authorization for Certain H-4 Dependent Spouses

    U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) will extend employment authorization to certain H-4 dependent spouses of H1B visa holders beginning May 26, 2015.  

    Eligible individuals include certain H-4 dependent spouses of H-1B nonimmigrants who:

    • Are the principal beneficiaries of an approved Form I-140, Immigrant Petition for Alien Worker; or
    • Have been granted H-1B status under sections 106(a) and (b) of the American Competitiveness in the Twenty-first Century Act of 2000 as amended by the 21st Century Department of Justice Appropriations Authorization Act. The Act permits H-1B nonimmigrants seeking lawful permanent residence to work and remain in the United States beyond the six-year limit on their H-1B status.

    Qualified H4 dependent spouses must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, with supporting evidence and the required $380 fee in order to obtain an employment authorization card.  You may find more information at USCIS - Employment Authorization for Certain H4 Dependent Spouses