Physical Facilities

/templatefiles/umc_video.aspx?id=2147548944UMMC Match Day 2016Mannings for Health
  • History of Physical Facilities

    Physical Facilities began as the Department of Buildings and Grounds when the medical center opened in October 1955.  In 1967 the name was changed to Physical Plant Department, and then in 1996 the name was changed once more to the Division of Physical Facilities.

    Physical Facilities currently maintains over 3.6 million gross square feet of buildings and over 195 acres of grounds.

    The division responds to over 45,900 maintenance service requests and preventive maintenance orders in a year.

    From 2000 to 2010, Physical Facilities has been involved in over 450 building projects with a cost of over $250,000,000.