Physical Facilities supports the education, health care and research missions of UMMC by providing a safe and quality environment through maintenance of the utility systems and grounds, administration of construction and renovation projects, and environmental services to students, patients, visitors, staff, and faculty at the University of Mississippi Medical Center.
Physical Facilities began as the Department of Buildings and Grounds when the Medical Center opened in October 1955. In 1967, the name was changed to Physical Plant Department, and then in 1996 it was renamed Division of Physical Facilities.
Physical Facilities currently maintains over 3.6 million gross square feet of buildings and over 195 acres of grounds. The division responds to more than 45,900 maintenance service requests and preventive maintenance orders in a year.
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39216
General Information: 601-984-1000
Patient Appointments: 888-815-2005