Evidence-Based Practice (EBP) is the integration of best research evidence with clinical expertise and patient values.
How to put EBP into practice:
1. Examine the patient and make note of the following:
2. Formulate a well-constructed question using the PICO formula:
3. Conduct a comprehensive search for the most recent, best evidence or research on your patient's condition.
4. Appraise the research you found for validity and usefulness and relevance to your particular patient.
5. Use the results from your literature search and appraisal in clinical practice.
6. Evaluate the outcome of the clinical application.
7. If necessary, collect further evidence.
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39216
General Information: 601-984-1000
Patient Appointments: 888-815-2005