Click the links below to find more information:
The James D. Hardy Society was established as the alumni organization of the general and cardiothoracic surgery residencies of the Department of Surgery. The first meeting was held in 1991.
Membership in the Society was initially open to those residents who had received some training under Dr. Hardy. In 2000, the Society adopted a proposal from Dr. William W. Turner Jr. that the membership in the Society be opened to all graduates of the general and cardiothoracic surgery residencies. The Society decided additionally, to admit as members certain faculty members in the Department of Surgery who, by their support of the department and the Society, evidenced qualities that the Society felt were meritorious.
The first new members in a decade were inducted into the Society in 2001. The Society meets annually with academic presentations by members and residents, as well as social activities.
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39216
General Information: 601-984-1000
Patient Appointments: 888-815-2005