Click the links below to find more information:
The program consists of 36 months of didactic, laboratory, demonstration and clinical course work. Class size is limited and acceptance into the program is on a competitive basis.
Preference is given to Mississippi residents; out-of-state applicants will be considered only if there are positions available after all qualified Mississippi applicants are accepted.
In addition to the admission standards of the institution and the general admission requirements of the School of Health Related Professions, candidates seeking admission to the occupational therapy program, must:
Have completed a minimum of 72 semester hours of academic credit (exclusive of physical education, military science, dogmatic religion and vocational courses) from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
1. Science survey courses designed for non-science majors are not acceptable for a required course.
2. Statistics may include courses such as elementary, behavioral or introductory. Survey courses are not acceptable.
3. Social and behavioral sciences include courses such as anthropology, economics, political science, psychology or sociology.
4. Humanities and fine arts include courses such as art history, dance, history, modern languages, music, philosophy, religion or theater.
5. One course of pure human anatomy with lab and one course of pure physiology with lab is equivalent to two A&P courses.
6. Medical terminology, trigonometry, additional psychology courses and/or other science courses are recommendedas electives; however, these are not required.
Click here to apply
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39216
General Information: 601-984-1000
Patient Appointments: 888-815-2005