Click the links below to find more information:
In addition to the admission standards of the institution and the general admission requirements of the School of Health Related Professions, candidates seeking admission to the Master of Science program in Magnetic Resonance Imaging must:
1. Hold current ARRT (R) registration or be registry-eligible;
2. Have completed a Bachelor of Science degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher learning;
3. Have successfully completed (a grade of C or better) two courses of Anatomy and Physiology with lab;
4. Have a minimum overall cumulative grade point average of 3.00 on a 4.00 scale;
5. Submit official GRE report that includes verbal, quantitative, and analytical writing scores;
6. Provide three (3) letters of recommendation:
* One (1) from current or past Radiologic Sciences Program Director
* One (1) from current Radiologic Sciences Clinical Coordinator, if student, or Supervisor, if employed
* One (1) from a member of the community
7. Provide documentation of a minimum of 8 hours of observation in a Magnetic Resonance Imaging Department;
8. Have current CPR certification at the time of registration; and
9. Complete an interview.
NOTE: The program strongly recommends that students take a general physics course and additional science course as prerequisite courses.
1Social and behavioral sciences include courses such as anthropology, economics, political science, psychology or sociology.
2 Humanities and fine arts include courses such as art history, dance, history, modern languages, music, philosophy, religion or theatre.
The program director and the dean must approve any exceptions to the requirements listed above.
2500 North State Street
Jackson, MS 39216
General Information: 601-984-1000
Patient Appointments: 888-815-2005