Food, blessing, baseball highlight appreciation
To coincide with a national recognition of hospitals, Medical Center leadership has planned several events as part of an Employee Recognition Week, "Riding the Wave into Our Future," May 12-16.
Scheduled activities include visits by gourmet food trucks, free hot dog lunches, a contest to trade parking places with an administrator, and a night out at the Mississippi Braves.
On the schedule so far:
* Gourmet food trucks will line up alongside the Arthur C. Guyton Research Center courtyard area from 11 a.m.-1 p.m. on Monday, May 12, to offer items for sale, including hamburgers, tacos, steak or chicken sandwiches, cookies and iced tea.
* A free hot dog lunch will be served from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, May 13, at either the School of Nursing/School of Medicine walkway area, the Winfred L. Wiser Hospital for Women and Infants courtyard, or the University Physicians Pavilion. Employees must present their UMMC identification badges to participate. Separate hot dog events will be offered during the week at off-campus locations and for evening staff.
In keeping with the theme, employees are encouraged to wear a tropical or Hawaiian shirt on the day of their respective department's hot dog meal, with approval by their respective managers.
* Pastoral Services staff will offer a "Blessing of the Hands" at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, May 14, in the University Hospital chapel. The employee assistance program Lifesynch also will present a webinar on combating stress from noon-1 p.m. on Wednesday.
* UMMC Night at the Mississippi Braves, with specially priced tickets available to employees, is scheduled for Thursday, May 15.
* The 2500 Club Toastmasters will give a grand finale presentation on Friday, May 16.