Blood drive to help UMMC family give life's gift
Medical Center faculty, staff and students this week have the opportunity to provide life's greatest gift to their fellow Mississippians when Mississippi Blood Services personnel visit the Medical Center March 17-21 for the quarterly UMMC Blood Drive.
The theme for the drive is "Give the Gift of Life." All donors will receive an MBS T-shirt. Identification is required to donate blood.
Times, dates and places for the drive include:
• 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday, March 17, between the Guyton Research Center and the School of Medicine;
• 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday, March 18, between the Guyton Research Center and the School of Medicine;
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, March 19, at the Bailey Avenue entrance to the Jackson Medical Mall Thad Cochran Center;
• 7:30 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, March 20, at Batson Children's Hospital;
• 11 a.m.-5 p.m. Thursday, March 20, in the Norman C. Nelson Student Union gymnasium; and
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, March 21, at the University Hospital entrance.
Be sure to look for the MBS donor coach when making a donation. For more information about the blood drive, call Renee Howard at 4-2884 or send her an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.