Flu “blitz” seeks to vaccinate all UMMC staff
The Office of Student/Employee Health will offer free seasonal flu vaccinations for Medical Center faculty and staff during its annual "Flu Blitz" on Friday, Oct. 25.
The vaccinations will be available from 7 a.m.-4:30 p.m. in the Clinical Science hallway, in the University Hospital lobby hallway, in the hallway between the Batson Children's Hospital and the Winfred L. Wiser Hospital for Women and Children, and in the Rowland Medical Library hallway.
In addition, flu vaccinations will be offered at various UMMC locations:
• from 8 a.m.-noon on Thursday, Oct, 17, at the Central Billing Office in Clinton;
• from 9 a.m.-noon on Thursday, Oct. 31, in the Grand Rounds Conference Room at the Jackson Medical Mall Thad Cochran Center;
• from 12:30-3 p.m. on Monday, Nov. 4, on the fourth floor of the Lakeland Medical Building;
• from 7:30 a.m.-2 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 6, at the Pathfinders UMMC Health Fair in the Clinical Science hallway;
• from 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 7, at the Norman C. Nelson Student Union;
• from 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Oct. 28-Nov. 8, in the School of Medicine hallway; and
• from 7 a.m.-3:30 p.m. Monday-Friday, Oct. 28-Nov. 8, in the Office of Student/Employee Health (the clinic will be open until 7 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 30 and on Thursday, Nov. 7).
All Medical Center employees are encouraged to receive the flu vaccine. After the "blitz," all employees may receive the vaccination in the Office of Student/Employee Health on the Medical Center's main campus while supplies last. For more information, call Jane Free at 4-1185.